SOLVED

Re: Leads from SFDC to Marketo

Go to solution
Deeps
Level 4

Leads from SFDC to Marketo

Hi Team,

I want to understand how sync works from SFDC to marketo.

If I add a new lead in SFDC, does it automatically pushes this new record into marketo ?.

Thanks,

Deepthi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @Deeps! The below pointers about the native Marketo and Salesforce sync should help clarify your question:

• People created in Marketo have to be synced to Salesforce (Marketo only people do not get synced without an explicit sync or an implied sync action, e.g., running Add Person to Salesforce Campaign flow step).
  • Leads/Contacts created in Salesforce will be automatically synced to Marketo if Marketo can access them (i.e., in the case when Salesforce sync user used to setup the interegration can access the record).
  • Once synced, records are regularly updated by the sync (bidirectional)
  • People created from Salesforce (or MS Dynamics) aren’t de-duplicated with the records in Marketo, so it could be one of the potential sources of duplicate records getting created in Marketo.
  • Also, when a Smart Campaign using the Sync Person to SFDC flow step qualifies a SFDC Contact record and attempts to assign the record to a Queue in Salesforce, a duplicate lead record is created in Salesforce.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1

Hi @Deeps! The below pointers about the native Marketo and Salesforce sync should help clarify your question:

• People created in Marketo have to be synced to Salesforce (Marketo only people do not get synced without an explicit sync or an implied sync action, e.g., running Add Person to Salesforce Campaign flow step).
  • Leads/Contacts created in Salesforce will be automatically synced to Marketo if Marketo can access them (i.e., in the case when Salesforce sync user used to setup the interegration can access the record).
  • Once synced, records are regularly updated by the sync (bidirectional)
  • People created from Salesforce (or MS Dynamics) aren’t de-duplicated with the records in Marketo, so it could be one of the potential sources of duplicate records getting created in Marketo.
  • Also, when a Smart Campaign using the Sync Person to SFDC flow step qualifies a SFDC Contact record and attempts to assign the record to a Queue in Salesforce, a duplicate lead record is created in Salesforce.
Deeps
Level 4

Thans @Darshil_Shah1,

Can you please also help to answer this question:

- What's the time that It takes to push the lead from SFDC to Marketo.

To test I created a new test lead in SFDC, it's been 10 minutes, I still dont see test lead in Marketo.

Thanks,

Deepthi.

Darshil_Shah1

The lead/contact record created in the Salesforce would sync over to Marketo as a new person record in the next sync cycle. Updates are synced bi-directionally every 5 minutes.

Regarding your test record, did you still not see the record in Marketo? Could you please verify whether the sync user can see/access the record? At times, due to other higher priority sync items pending, there might be a little delay in the syncing the lower priority items. Fyr, here is the SFDC sync priority order.

Deeps
Level 4

Thank you very much @Darshil_Shah1.

I can see the test lead.

Thanks,

Deepthi.

Darshil_Shah1

You're welcome, @Deeps! Glad to be of help! 

Zoe_Forman
Level 8 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @Deeps 

As @Darshil_Shah1 has explained leads can be synced bidirectionally, but may also want to consider one way sync if you are working in a country or region with explicit consent and you are running a Preference Centre and use Opt-in for privacy content such as GDPR or CASTL in Marketo.

In this case if a person gives consent say via a Marketo form fill they will be synced to Salesforce, however if the lead is added directly to Salesforce by sales and you have not captured explicit consent for marketing then you would not want that lead to sync form Salesforce to Marketo.

More for information and depends how you manage consent in your instance.