SOLVED

Re: Lead source parameter question

Go to solution
Michael_Mason
Level 4

Lead source parameter question

When using the A/B landing page test, I noticed there was an option to build a URL with the parameter "<baseURL>?Lead_Source=Plant" where "Plant" was a self-defined value. I tested it and it seemed to work, so i bounced it to some other co-workers and they tried testing it, but instead of the value coming back as "Plant" it came back as "Marketo Form."

Any ideas why that would be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anna_Bruning1
Level 4

Hi Mike,

Do you have hidden parameters set within the form you're testing? Those could override your custom URL parameters.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anna_Bruning1
Level 4

Hi Mike,

Do you have hidden parameters set within the form you're testing? Those could override your custom URL parameters.

Michael_Mason
Level 4

You. Absolutely. ROCK!!

Yes, we were going to set up URL parameter passing. I can at least try and remove the hidden field and see if it works without the hidden form field.

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!

Michael_Mason
Level 4

Thank you, Anna. I do notice a bit more strangeness. (I'm asking this of Marketo support, as well, but perhaps you've encountered similar?)

If the lead comes in as new, it uses the default value, even if the person came in with a UTM parameter. Existing leads are tagged appropriately with the parameter value in the URL.

Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike, I moved your question to Products & Support for more visibility.