Re: Lead Segementation without using segments

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Segementation without using segments

As with a lot of systems , eg WordPress or .net i am able to createa "control"  and place it on multiple pages.

I am wondering if someone can advise how to seperate this out once these leads get into Marketo.

In the past i have used segements and snippets.

Is this the only way to do it?

Ilan
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'm not sure what you're asking because certainly any Smart List/Campaign is capable of filtering on hidden fields that you use to record lead source.  But SL./SC and Segs don't have the same purpose.  What exactly do you mean by "separate out" -- to customize a single mailing?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are some more details.

My website lists events. I want users to register for these events.

On signup i will send a "thankyou email". I dont want to have to write an email for each event. I need it to be dynamic in that based on the hidden field other values throughout the email are changed.

I have only ever managed to achive this result with segements and snippets.
Another thing i wanted to avoid was creating a new field in marketo to store this hidden value.

In short i am trying to find a streamline solution where i dont need to update marketo each time a the form is added to a page.

Ilan

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It sounds like using the API's Request Campaign method, with which you can pass ad hoc tokens used in outbound emails, would help: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/rest/request-campaign/
Anonymous
Not applicable

If each event you are listing has its own program you can use my.tokens on the program level to hold values specific to each event. Then have your thank you email be a local asset of and send from the event program and reference those tokens. That way you can have your program template for events, clone it each time and populate a few tokens and you'll be set without needing to modify and assets.