Lead Scoring - Values Aren't Correlating on My Tests

Greg_Jackman
Level 2

Lead Scoring - Values Aren't Correlating on My Tests

I’m setting up Lead Scoring for our future lead nurturing/email campaigns. I have our Behavior & Demographic Lead Scoring setup at a global level, respectively, as best as I can. I decided before running a real email campaign with Lead Scoring applied, I would run a test email campaign with myself. I created a test folder and copied the global Behavior Lead Scoring program (suitcase icon) into it (do I even have to do that since it’s at a global level?). I sent myself the test email with 4 different links in it. Each linked was valued at +5 in my global Behavior Lead Scoring program. And +1 for Opening the email. So theoretically, if I opened the email and clicked on all the links, I would see a 21 increase in my score. I received the email and every time I took an action, I waited a few minutes, and checked my lead score to see how much it increased, but the numbers weren’t correlating to the values I assigned the action in my global Behavior Lead Scoring program. Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead Scoring - Values Aren't Correlating on My Tests

Firstly, you do not need to copy the lead scoring program over if it's a global program.

When you sent a test/sample email to yourself, do you mean you used the "send sample" feature or you actually ran a "send email" flow to a lead with your email address?

If you sent a sample, the activity on the sample email will not register for scoring.

If you sent the email to yourself as a lead with a "send email" action, make sure the lead scoring campaigns are triggered and that they are activated and that the qualification rules allow leads to run through them every time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead Scoring - Values Aren't Correlating on My Tests

Going off of what Devraj said, this is likely to do with Qualification Rules as you mentioned the values aren't lining up (implying that you are seeing values).

If you have Qualification Rules set to "Run Only Once" for both Opens and Clicks, you're likely seeing a value of '6' as opposed to the 21 that you're looking for.

Clicking the "Schedule" tab of the individual Smart Campaigns will allow you to adjust the Qualification Rules to "Every Time", "Once per Day", etc.