SOLVED

Lead Scoring sync with SFDC

Go to solution
Lenhin89
Level 2

Lead Scoring sync with SFDC

Hi guys, 

I am new with setting up Lead Scoring and I have the following questions: 
- How can I make sure my lead score result gets reflected in SFDC? I would use the first flow step "Change Score: Person Score = +15". Should I implement a corresponding field in SFDC? Please give advise what exactly needs to be done. If I have this field in SFDC and would want to edit the score, will it be synced correctly back to Marketo? 
- Once I have a person that qualifies for number of behavioral & demographic lead scores, will the number automatically get calculated to total? 
- Any other best practices I need to take in account when working on positive/negative behavioral and demographic scoring? 
Many thanks! 🙏

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Lead Scoring sync with SFDC

Hi there,

• Is the Person Score field in Marketo currently mapped to an SFDC field? (You can check in Field Management.) If it is mapped, the value will sync over to SFDC. If it is not mapped, you will need to work with Marketo Support to map the fields between Marketo and SFDC.
  • I would recommend the scores be set by Marketo only and not be editable in SFDC. Otherwise there is the risk of conflict, data being overwritten and/or inconsistent scoring. If there are specific field values or other changes in SFDC that should increase/decrease scores, look to trigger those in Marketo.
  • The scores will not automatically sum into the combined Person Score. One way this can be solved is by including two flow steps in the scoring campaigns - e.g. one to increase Behavior Score, one step to increase Person Score by the same amount. You need to be consistent about this though so the scores will continue to be aligned.
  • You can find a number of best practices on lead scoring on the Marketo site: https://www.marketo.com/resources/lead-scoring/

Hope this helps!

- Beth

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Lead Scoring sync with SFDC

Hi there,

• Is the Person Score field in Marketo currently mapped to an SFDC field? (You can check in Field Management.) If it is mapped, the value will sync over to SFDC. If it is not mapped, you will need to work with Marketo Support to map the fields between Marketo and SFDC.
  • I would recommend the scores be set by Marketo only and not be editable in SFDC. Otherwise there is the risk of conflict, data being overwritten and/or inconsistent scoring. If there are specific field values or other changes in SFDC that should increase/decrease scores, look to trigger those in Marketo.
  • The scores will not automatically sum into the combined Person Score. One way this can be solved is by including two flow steps in the scoring campaigns - e.g. one to increase Behavior Score, one step to increase Person Score by the same amount. You need to be consistent about this though so the scores will continue to be aligned.
  • You can find a number of best practices on lead scoring on the Marketo site: https://www.marketo.com/resources/lead-scoring/

Hope this helps!

- Beth