SOLVED

Re: Lead Scoring Not Adding Up

Go to solution
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Lead Scoring Not Adding Up

I am admittedly new to lead scoring. I inherited a relatively new Marketo instance (~1 year old) that is synced with a "seasoned" Salesforce instance with a lot of dirty data (I am sure you all can relate). I am doing some analysis of our lead scores, and I am not sure how this happened, but the demographic score + behavior score is not adding up to the lead score on a lot of our leads. I first noticed it because we had some leads with crazy low scores (think:-175) which is not possible with our lead score decay values. I reset all leads with no behavior scores to replace their lead score value with their demographic score value, which fixed a lot of them, but I am still finding some leads whose scores don't look out of the ordinary until you look at it next to the demographic and behavior scores.

pastedImage_0.png

I am assuming that there was some lead scoring in place in Salesforce a long time ago and that's where the dirty data is coming from. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SydneyMulligan

For anyone else that happens upon this thread, I figured out what happened to mess up the scores.

When 2 or more leads are merged, their Lead Scores are summed. Not ideal - there are lots of ideas in the Community about fixing this problem (      ​ )

So as it turns out, when leads are merged, their Lead Score field is summed, but any custom score fields you have (such as our Behavior score and Demographic score) are  NOT merged...a winner is picked. Which is what was causing our lead scores to not add up correctly. I hope this saves someone else some headache.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13

There are several threads on re-scoring.

The big question is why do you need to clean up this scoring? In theory, it should be fine if a lead is -175.

But if you want to re-set the scores to conform to a new model, please do a search here. Lots of good ideas.

SydneyMulligan

I want to reset the lead scores so they are correct. It's not possible for a lead to score so low in our lead scoring model. The lead scoring (and Marketo) has only been set up for a year.

SydneyMulligan

For anyone else that happens upon this thread, I figured out what happened to mess up the scores.

When 2 or more leads are merged, their Lead Scores are summed. Not ideal - there are lots of ideas in the Community about fixing this problem (      ​ )

So as it turns out, when leads are merged, their Lead Score field is summed, but any custom score fields you have (such as our Behavior score and Demographic score) are  NOT merged...a winner is picked. Which is what was causing our lead scores to not add up correctly. I hope this saves someone else some headache.