Re: Lead Scoring: Inactivity Past 90 Days

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Scoring: Inactivity Past 90 Days

Hello All,

I was wondering how people are creating a scheduled batch campaigns for inactive leads past 90 days. I realized that when I use the following smart list filters (see below), it's also bringing in leads created today.

Scenario A:

Not Clicked Link in Email is Any in Past 90 Days, AND

Not Visited Web Page is Any in Past 90 Days, AND

Not Opened Email in Past 90 Days

Scenario B:

Not Data Value Changed Lead Score in Past 90 Days

Both of these scenarios are pulling in leads created today even when Marketo stamps "created at" to today. It's not pulling in leads that actually existed in our system for at least 90 days with no activity. Marketo is saying that's how it's "supposed to work". Has anyone created this successfully where it's only pulling in leads that actually existed for more than 90 days?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Amy,

The reason both scenarios are bringing in leads created today is that technically, leads created today do fit the criteria. For Scenario A you will need to bring in the additional filter or "Was Sent Email: Is Any: in past 90 days", so that leads had an opportunity to not click on that email or open it. In addition, for either Scenario A or B, also bring in the filter of "SFDC Created Date: In past before 90 days", so the lead has to have been at least 90 days old to qualify.

When scheduling the batch campaign, set the recurrence to "daily" and the "qualification rules" to allow leads to run through once every 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have set up a similar campaign for inactivity in the past, and it went something like this:

Logic: 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6

1) Not Lead was created: in past: 90 days

2) Was Sent Email: is any; in past 90 days

3) Not Clicked Link in Email: is any; in past 90 days

4) Not Opened Email: is any; in past 90 days

5) Not Visited Web Page: is any; in past 90 days

6) Not Program Status was changed: is any; in Past 90 days; Success = True

Essentially any filter you need that covers activity that you attribute a score to.

If you are going to use "Not Data Value was changed: Lead Score" - this may actually need to be "Not Score was changed: Lead Score" or "Not Score was Changed: Behavior Score", depending on whether you have it broken out into Behavior and Demographic scoring. The trouble with your Scenario B is, the Lead Score value could have changed in a negative way, and I'm guessing you want to continue to negatively score someone who remains inactive.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI all,

Just add a "Not Lead Was created in past 90 day" filter.

-Greg