SOLVED

Lead Scoring Expiration

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Scoring Expiration

Hi All!

We are currently revamping our lead scoring system and I was wondering if you could please share your lead scoring expiration best practices with me? We are struggling to find an intuitive way to remove scoring without taking the batch approach.

Thanks Adele

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead Scoring Expiration

Clever idea.

In each scoring campaign you could add a wait step of four weeks, and then remove 25 points, etc.  You might split the flow step so it stops decrementing the scores if the lead status changes.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you provide us more info on your setup:
  • Are your scores already separated into demographic and behavior?
  • Length of sales cycle? (this is a good cutoff for behavior scoring)
  • Are your salespeople more sensitive about receiving too many bad leads or not enough of the good leads?
  • Are you using lead statuses to identify leads your sales team is working, and can safely ignore scoring these leads?
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Inactivity Decrement campaign runs once every wk (on sunday), each lead is allowed to go through the campaign only once per month (I use a longer timeframe model than most probably do for decay on scores, as we work with educators with patterns of activity that are a year long and it's common to lose them for a few months at a time). 
If they have not engaged for > 30 days, they go into the campaign, and lose a set # of points per month depending on whether they're over/under some breakpoints.  For instance, if their score is in the 20-100 range, they lose 20 points/mo until they're down to 20 points, then 5/mo until they're under 5 points, then I stop decrementing them.
This has been working pretty well for me.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh we're talking about different things.  Adele are you looking for inactivity decrement of scores or a clean method to re-score leads?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys! Thanks for your replies 🙂

We are looking at inactivtiy decrement campaigns so Steven I have answered your questions below.
Previously we have just been removes -1 a week dependant on behaviour but it just isnt working for us at all.

• Are your scores already separated into demographic and behavior? Yes they are and we are extending this as part of the revamp.
  • Length of sales cycle? (this is a good cutoff for behavior scoring) Main product is around 6-12months/.
  • Are your salespeople more sensitive about receiving too many bad leads or not enough of the good leads? Not enough good leads for sure!
  • Are you using lead statuses to identify leads your sales team is working, and can safely ignore scoring these leads? - Yes we are. We only score 2 types of lead statuses that Marketing own.
Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adele, what are the issues you see with using the batch campaign to decrement lead scores?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We feel that they are not very intuitive - with it being just a set number of points being removed each time. Not reflecting what the scoring was achieved by in the first place really.
We really wanted to get ahead of the curve on this and ensure that the decreased scores reflect the activity they were achieved by.  Is this something you would recommend?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you want to emphasize to sales how the score reached its maximum?  Or remove the specific positive scores the lead achieved in a FIFO or LIFO manner?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephen, What we would really like to do is to remove the scoring amount based on what they achieved for each activity.
So if they got 50 points for attending a webinar for example, we would want to remove 25 points after 4 weeks and the other after another 2 weeks.
Can you think of any way to achieve this? Or would it be in the scoring campaigns for each activity?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clever idea.

In each scoring campaign you could add a wait step of four weeks, and then remove 25 points, etc.  You might split the flow step so it stops decrementing the scores if the lead status changes.