Re: Lead Score Field Not Updating after initial sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Score Field Not Updating after initial sync

Hi All,

Been working on a basic lead scoring program in Marketo and noticed that lead/contact scores are not matching across Marketo's Score Field, Marketo Sales insight score module, and the SalesForce Score field for various leads.

Any thoughts on why this would be? It seems to be that only the "Score" Field in SalesForce is not updating while Marketo and Sales Insight are consistent to what should be.

Ive waited a few days to see if the score would change overtime, but this isn't happening. I've also noticed the data value changes in the activity log which correctly adjust scores. Upon a successful lead sync to SF per normal sync updates, the score value change is not taken into account.

I have a ticket open, but would be great to hear the community's thoughts.

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you check Field Management to see if the scoring fields are properly synced?

Did someone in SFDC change the Marketo User's permissions on those fields?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive checked the mappings, they're correct.

I see successful lead scoring population upon first sync to SF to what it should be. What gets wonky is when people then have their score updated after the sync and the score doesn't get adjusted within the SF Field on the next sync between the systems where as Marketo logs correctly and so does Sales Insight.

To my knowledge if I can write to it originally upon lead creation I should be able to update it. But will check this.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tim,

Just in case, check that the score field in SFDC has not been set to read-only for the Marketo user profile.

You may want to force a update making sure that Marketo updates SFDC and not the other way around. In order to do this, use any field you can update without damage to mark Marketo leads as updated with recent time stamp. We usually create a "force update" field in SFDC (lead and contact) and therefore Marketo. We use it each time we need to force an update.

Alternatively, run a smart campaign where you add 1 and the subtract 1 to the score, the end with a sync lead.

Try this on a couple of leads and see whether the value is updated in SFDC. If not, look and he activity history to see what happened during that last sync.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hmm... good point. I wonder if perhaps something is missing from the score flows themselves - are they updating the right score fields that would sync?