SOLVED

Re: Lead reporting on Contact Leads in SFDC

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead reporting on Contact Leads in SFDC

Hey guys,

got a problem here I was wondering if anyone else had solved for.

Before we had Marketo, all of our leads were just hitting the SFDC Lead Object as new leads - so no deduping, no notice taken as to whether the 'new' lead already existed as either a Lead or Contact in SFDC.

Now we have a better solution - but the question comes to me - how do I report on my lead volumes for this month/qtr from within Salesforce? So I guess I need some filter to only show Leads/Contacts that Marketo sent across - but I don't have anything in Salesforce that indicates this as well as a timestamp so that I can report on week/month/qtr periods.

I know I will need 2 reports - one for Lead and one for Contact Object - but I'm not sure there is a way to do this without creating new fields in Salesforce...

anyone got a solution for this one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michael,

Date should be manageable, as the campaign member have various date fields:

• Created date
  • First Responded date
  • Last modified date

For countries, you only have one country field, that is inherited for the lead and contact country fields.

-Greg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, maybe ask in SFDC community if you want to report with SFDC or your CRM Team to help you with this inquiry.You may try with smart list with was converted = true between date X to X and Assign isn't queue or X, SFDC type = X. But it all depends on the field that Marketo is allowed to see in SFDC and the customisation that has been done.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michael,

The solution I would use is to create a campaign in SFDC and each time a lead or contact fills out it's first form in Marketo, just add it to this campaign.

Then in SFDC, you will be able to use the campaign member report that enables you to combine leads and contacts and that you can filter on membership date.

You can also use this type of reporting for any other campaign in SFDC, and this will be all the more efficient as if they are sync'ed with Marketo programs.

Now, taking a step back: using just a "undeduplicated lead creation" metric is not a very good practice, to say the least. Separating your KPI's in

• Net new leads
  • Returning leads/contacts

Would be a better way to go and will start to foster the understanding in your org the multi-touch concept.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg,

That sounds like a plan!

My only concern with the Campaign reports is that i need to breakdown the results by Country/Date - do you know of an easy way to achieve that?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michael,

Date should be manageable, as the campaign member have various date fields:

• Created date
  • First Responded date
  • Last modified date

For countries, you only have one country field, that is inherited for the lead and contact country fields.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry it's taken we a while to reply - great solution Greg - thank you so much!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And also, you may want to vote here:

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

one final question on this one - it's to do with the issue of the 'Primary Campaign Source' on an Opportunity. I have a Contact associated as the Primary on the Opportunity and my Marketing colleagues are obviously interested in which Campaign gets the 'credit' (I know that's a whole different topic!), but the Campaign that shows up (which seems to be the last Campaign that the Contact is associated with) is the one I created above to set that Contact as having come from Marketo.

So I guess the question is - is there a way to affect the logic in Salesforce for the 'Primary Campaign Source' or is there some other thing we can do to make this syncing campaign not appear, but the Webinar/Event/Nurture/whatever campaign that came before it become the one that gets the credit?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers

Mike

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michael,

If I remember well, the campaign that is taken by SFDC is the last campaign associated with the lead in a "Response" member status. The only way to affect the logic is to make sure that the campaign you want to see assigned has the lead with a "response status" while the others, most recent, have not.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's more complicated than that - this is a nice overview I found about the different forces at work here and the problem: -

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gxySAAQ