Sending smart lists to Google AdWords

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Sending smart lists to Google AdWords

We are trying to work out if it's possible to send a smart list to our Google AdWords account in order to remarket to them. When I click "Send Via Ad Bridge", I can select Google, but when I click it, I get the below screen:

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 2.47.27 PM.png

We have already integrated the two accounts (albeit with some errors), but that is to capture offline conversions. This interface seems designed to send audiences to AdWords, since this is how we send leads to Facebook Custom Audiences. Am I understanding this correctly? Why would my offline conversion data be connected to sending a list to AdWords? And since this is set up, why am I seeing this screen?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

Phil

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Sending smart lists to Google AdWords

Hi Phillip,

Unfortunately, not. The google adwords adbridge is not a retargeting tool, unlike the other adbridges. It's a conversion measurement tool that pushes info from your revenue model to adwords for conversion KPI's.

More details here: Using Ad Bridge for Adwords Retargeting

-Greg

Phillip_Wild

Thanks Grégoire Michel​. That's disappointing. It's very confusing to have it listed in this location then. I would suggest Marketo remove this image from the smart list selection.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

The closest thing you can do is download a list of email addresses and upload it to Google (this is a relatively new Adwords feature). I feel a bit icky writing that just so you know..

Phillip_Wild

Thanks Nicholas. Yep, we're aware of that functionality, but as you can appreciate, there's a big difference between that and automation. We would like to have segmentations in Marketo that push out to Facebook and Google, therefore standardising our message at each stage of the customer journey.

Hopefully the new functionality coming out will address this.