Lead Patitions with SFDC - Many Countries

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Patitions with SFDC - Many Countries

Hello,

Until last month I had just one country in my SFDC.

Now we implemented for more 12 countries and all Leads were synced with my default Lead Partition before I setup "Assignment Rules" for my old and default partitions.

If I setup it now say that just Lead from my country is allowed, what will happen? Leads from a will be removed from partition?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Lead Patitions with SFDC - Many Countries

Hi Bernardo,

Many issues there:

• You of course need to set up the assignment rules, but you already know this
  • But assignment rules might not be enough, because they are not dynamic (they only execute once, on lead creation). So you probably need to set up a program with some smart campaigns to reassign leads later, after creation, using the "Change lead partition" flow step.
  • Once you have set up this program and the campaigns, you can run it to reallocate all your leads to the right partitions, without to have to delete them all.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Like Greg mentions, it's a best practice to just ignore the regular assignment rules and create the appropriate programs/campaigns to ensure all scenarios are addressed (route existing, modified and new leads).

pastedImage_0.png

Within these campaigns we not only have rules (choices) setup to do the proper assignment, but we also take the opportunity to normalize the country name.  For example, our "list acquisition" excel template uses the 2-character country code.  When lists are imported into Marketo, those codes are normalized to the full country name.  Same thing for "inferred country" when new leads enter our system.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

I personally prefer to separate lead routing from data quality programs

If necessary, you can set is a way that the data quality changes trigger the lead routing ones. For instance:

Data quality:

Data Value Changes (filter: country = bad value) -> clean the country value (change data value of Country to correct value)

Lead routing:

Data Value Changes (filter: Country = Correct Value) -> route the lead.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Makes sense - and typically we do the same.  But for this, we just combined in under a master set of programs for both country routing and normalization.  Here's our NA campaign:

pastedImage_0.png

Josh_Hill13

You may need to use if Country Changes to X, ensure Partition is correct.

Dan_Stevens_

We have a separate set of campaigns (see above) for modifications of existing leads.