We are in the process of retiring a RCA model and creating a new one from scratch.
Does anyone have any suggestions on the proper steps I should take for a smooth transition? Here's what I'm thinking on a high level -
1. Set up stages and transitions on new model
2. Deactivate old model and any campaigns/updates associated with it
3. Approve new model stages
4. Approve model
5. Assign leads to new model's stages
Some questions I have
Thanks in advance!
- Do you need to assign leads into stages before approving a new model?
No, it is not mandatory as they will be immediately assigned as soon as they start filling out the conditions for the transitions. Yet, you need to set the assignment rules for new leads in "Model actions -> assignment rules" menu.
BUT if you do not do anything, it may take time until all of your leads are positioned in one of the stages. See below on how to initialize.
- Is there a wait time for the new model to ramp up after approval?
Yes, until all the leads are positioned in one of the stages. You can make it happen faster with some smart campaigns that use the "change revenue stage" flow step to position all the lead in one bucket.
- How soon can I see the stage transitions if the transitions are triggered?
Actually there are docs on this process and I have the steps. If you go to the docs and look up new and changed Revenue Model, there are some steps too.
@Greg - I would NOT rely on RCM to handle the movement of old leads because your buckets will be out of alignment in most cases and it could take weeks before the system does it properly. Use batch to move leads into correct buckets before fully activating New RCM.
I would also caution that if other systems rely on a Lifecycle Stage or other field you modify during this process, that they will not have an issue: