Re: Lead Partitioning

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Partitioning

How do I set up lead partitions for each of my countries? We have users for each country and we want to prevent each other from inadvertently emailing leads that do not belong to them (this seems to happen a lot with smart lists). 

Ex. I don't want my colleagues in Europe sending any emails to leads in North America.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jaclyn,

One way to do this is by setting up a Segment in the Database tab and calling out the partitions with smartlist criteria. The segments update dynamically.

Then, ask your colleagues to be sure to include the "Name of segment" = "Their region" filter in the smartlist section of any campaigns they set up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead partitions/workspaces is a feature that is available in the Enterprise Edition of Marketo. If you the feature, you would configure Lead Partitions and Workspaces under Admin.  Charlie's suggestion is another way to manage this if you don't have this feature.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would go with Charlie's recommendation. Partition management seems like overkill for a country separation.

The alternative to Segments is to setup Smart Lists by Country or Region which each regional team should use to Include or Exclude leads from the other regions: eg

I want to send email to EMEA, so I must do

Smart Lists: Member of Smart List IN "EMEA Prospects" AND Member of Smart List NOT IN "Americas; Asia"

I also recommend creating an autoflow to Add members of each smart list into a Static List to speed things up. Segments will work better though.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! We do have the Enterprise version.  I wouldn't mind using smart lists and we have those created for each country but it's more of an end-user issue. Even with training it's not being used properly, hence the leads in the Americas receiving French emails. I think it's safer to just prevent each other from emailing outside of our country. I just need an example of how to configure lead partitions and workspaces for countries.
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are many help articles that you should review before setting up workspaces and Lead partitions.  Here is a good place to start:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyxH&src=univ