SOLVED

Re: Lead Merge Issue - Field "Created" Erased

Go to solution
Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Lead Merge Issue - Field "Created" Erased

Hi!

To remove duplicates, I merge leads together. However, I just discovered that when I do so, the Created date is merged as well, and it usually keeps the newest lead created date, instead of keeping the oldest one (i.e. the first lead that came in).

How can I make sure that when two leads are merged, the Created date keeps the oldest one, instead of updating it to the newest version?

Thanks for your help!

Emma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Emmanuelle,

I ran some tests.

In fact it seems that, whatever we do, Marketo keeps the highest leadID (the most recently created lead) and it's creation date, indeed.

Unfortunate we cannot really choose the one we want to keep.

Thanks for notifying the community

If you log an idea about this, I'll vote

-Greg

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Emmanuelle,

When you merge and view the pop-up of all the conflicting fields, do you not see "Lead Creation Date" as an option?

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Hi Devraj Grewal​,

No, this is not an option. For exemple, here's what I have when I want to merge two leads together:

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 2.04.13 PM.png

I only have three fields to choose from. But once they merge, it updates multiple more fields, including the Created field, choosing one over the other without my approval.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

For these two leads specifically, what are their created dates? Both Marketo created date and SFDC created date?

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

The Marketo Created field are:

- May 18, 2016 1:48 PM

- Oct 5, 2016 1:27 PM

The CRM Created field are:

- Aug 17, 2016 3:30 PM

- Blank

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Emmanuelle,

My understanding is that it will keep the value of the wining record.

-Greg

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Hi Gégoire,

How can I define which one to choose over the other though? Because the winning one might not be the first lead to have come in through Marketo. It seems to keep the most up to date lead, which is not necessarily what I need for certain fields.

Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The wining one is the one that have the check box in the title bar checked. (in your screenshot lead 1).

The difficulty is that there is no way to know if you are checking the oldest one...

-Greg

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

If I uncheck the title bar, would it just update the fields that are shown then (the three checked fields only)?

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 2.19.42 PM.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

No sure you are allowed to do this and not have one of the 2 checked ti designate the winner (the lead that is in fact kept).

Test it

then, you may select 1 or 2 for each field.

-Greg