SOLVED

Lead in mulitple lists

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead in mulitple lists

I'm using connect for Marketing Automation in episerver to send leads to marketo Connect for Marketing Automation – Marketo

In episerver I have 6 forms and each form points to its own list in marketo (solution, product, services, support, event, download).

I created and assigned the respective list to its form to create some separation of concern between the leads coming in to marketo from the site.

I can't see how to get a lead to exist in more than one lead list at any given time. I was under the impression that these were almost like playlists in itunes, where the lead is aliased in a lead list.

There is no reason why a user might want to use anyone of these forms, during a browsing session.

A new lead is added to the correct lead list, but subsequent form submissions by that lead to another form don't add that lead to the correct lead list.

Checking a lead activity log, added to list is only registered when a new lead is created.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead in mulitple lists

Sanford Whiteman​, @Grégoire Michel

I found an alternate solution in episerver which is much more in keeping with how marketo expects a lead to arrive from a form submission.

Episerver xforms allows us to set the form submit url, this can be set the the lead-capture/save url.

Provided the following are set marketo will see a lead (new or existing) with the correct filled out form activity:

• Empty/basic marketo form exist (for form id)
  • Episerver generated a hidden field on a form for munchkin id
  • Episerver xform block sets a hidden field option for marketo form id
  • Episerver xform form submit url points to the correct marketo environment
  • Episerver xform form field names match form field names in marketo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Matt,

Indeed, a lead can exist in multiple lists, provided that it is added to them explicitely.

This means that your episerver integration only does it once, probably so that you can use the list to identify the lead source.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A lead certainly belongs to as many (static) lists as you want.  This sounds like a bug in epi's connector.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford Whiteman​, @Grégoire Michel

I found an alternate solution in episerver which is much more in keeping with how marketo expects a lead to arrive from a form submission.

Episerver xforms allows us to set the form submit url, this can be set the the lead-capture/save url.

Provided the following are set marketo will see a lead (new or existing) with the correct filled out form activity:

• Empty/basic marketo form exist (for form id)
  • Episerver generated a hidden field on a form for munchkin id
  • Episerver xform block sets a hidden field option for marketo form id
  • Episerver xform form submit url points to the correct marketo environment
  • Episerver xform form field names match form field names in marketo