Re: Lead Flow Process Structure

AMurphy
Level 1

Hi Alec,

Did you ever solve this one? I'm facing a similar conundrum and weighing opening Pandora's Box by generating a lead on every form fill vs living with leads potentially falling through the cracks.

Thanks,

Adam 

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@AMurphy ,

why would leads fall through the cracks?

Again... what are the requirements you are dealing with?

Cheers

Jo

AMurphy
Level 1

@Jo_Pitts1 

An unqualified lead that fills out a form with the same email address doesn't generate a new lead, just dedupes. I've seen a few instances where an unqualified lead fills out a form again (which doesn't generate a new lead), then the same person calls in for a quote. Don't want to delete the lead and lose comms preferences, but don't want duplicates either. 

Marketo-SFDC. Using Gravity Forms on Form Fill. 

Jo_Pitts1

@AMurphy,

But surely if they call in for a quote, you'd pull the existing record and update it rather than creating a new record?

It feels that there is something in your business requirements here that you aren't elaborating completely.

How are you tying gravity forms into the SFDC/Marketo ecosystem?

Cheers

Jo

AMurphy
Level 1

@Jo_Pitts1 

On calls existing records are updated. 

We're using Gravity Forms - Zapier - Marketo. 

My issue isn't calls, but form fills on pre-existing leads. Previously existing leads are deduped, instead of generating a new lead. All form fills result in a lead. This prevents duplicates, but we could be losing leads when an unqualified lead fills out a form again. 

Jo_Pitts1

But why make them a new lead?  

When the form is filled, trigger a webhook that creates a new opportunity in Salesforce (assuming that's what you are using).