Re: Lead assignment rules breaking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead assignment rules breaking

In the flow step, I have a flow step to "Create a Task". In that flow step, when I select a task owner as a "user" the lead gets assigned to that user. I don't want the lead to get assigned to a user, i just want a task created on the lead record in SFDC. And the lead to go through auto assignment rules to get assigned.
What am I doing wrong? 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Put a wait step in before the task is created. The Owner should be "--Assign to Lead Owner--". The wait step is for Marketo and Salesforce to sync on Lead Owner.

0EM50000000Sj0b.jpg
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Yep, I'd do what Adam is saying. You could also throw in the "Sync with SFDC" flow step just to be sure.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestions, however, the lead owner is a queue in our case. The lead could be with the queue for over 24-48 hours.
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Avnita,

Ultimately, who do you want the Task to get assigned to? I assume the Lead Owner as designated by auto-assignment rules? If so, you can put a wait step in for 24-48 hours.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal for the task is to have a time stamp, clear instructions on what the follow up should be and have a record of a marketing activity on the lead. Since our sales organization is fragmented and I am not sure when a lead gets assigned to sales, I don't want the task creation to depend on that.

Hope my rationale makes sense.