React on data value change if new value is provided via web form

Anonymous
Not applicable

React on data value change if new value is provided via web form

I want to increase lead score if leads (new or existing) provide their phone number via any of my web forms which contains a telephone field. (I don’t know if the phone number is valid, but that’s not the point here.)

What’s the best trigger?

The “Data Value Changes” trigger has a “Source” constraint. The constraint field seems to have a piclist, but doesn’t show any predefined values.

The otehr way would be a “Fills Out Form” trigger with a “Data Value Changed” filter – new value “is not empty”, previous value “is empty”. Do I have to use the filter’s “Date of Activity” constraint and set it to 1 hour ro so? Or does the filter automatically refer to the form fillout activity if no time frame is set?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: React on data value change if new value is provided via web form

Hi Michael,

Couldn't you do this:
0EM50000000Sj70.jpg
or
0EM50000000Sj7A.jpg

I don't believe you have to use any other restraint.

If those don't work, would you be open to a re-occuring filter set to run everyday at a certain time?

Adam
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam,

of course I could use the “Data Value Changes” trigger as you suggested. But I want the lead score smart campaign only to run when the perspm provides the phone number via a web form.

I don’t want the lead score to change if the field value changes because one of my colleagues enters a phone number in SFDC or Marketo based on their investigations.

I only want to react to the behavior of a lead providing their phone number voluntarily.

Best regards,
Michael
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I see. In that case, I would also add a filter for "Fills out Form is any" in the past one hour.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it the other way round, but it’s essentially the same:

0EM50000000Sj7Z.jpg

So is there really no way to react on a data value change via a web form directly?

I still wonder what the “Source” constraint is for, since I haven’t seen any value suggestions for this constraint by now:

0EM50000000Sj7e.jpg
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Michael, I would fill out a form for a test lead and enter an updated phone number on the form. Then review the Activity Log to see exactly which triggers can be used. Don't forget to double-click on the line items, that will give you more details and will tell you what the "Source" value has to be.