Re: Lead Alert Tokens Aren't Firing

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Lead Alert Tokens Aren't Firing

Recently the tokens on our lead alerts haven't been firing. The lead will come in with all the data (like lead source and lead date) missing, However all that data is in the record in Marketo and our CRM. Any insights?

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ali,

I do not understand what you mean by tokens that are not firing?

Is it that you are sending an email alert to someone whose email address is identified by a token and in some cases it did not work?

If so, look into the activity log and see ig the email alert activity has been logged and check its details.

-Greg

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Hi Greg,

So my team is receiving lead alert emails just like normal, however the tokens in that lead alert are not showing up. I've double checked the email and all the tokens are the same as before but we still aren't receiving all the leads information, even though that information is showing up on our CRM

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ali,

the only reason why this may happen is if the alert is sent before the fields are populated. If the fields that you are using for your tokens are populated by some smart campaigns, and if these smart campaigns have not fired or not completed their work before the alert is sent, then the tokens are empty.

Only a very close look at the activity logs of these leads will tell you the truth on this. If after looking there, you haven't any clue, raise a ticket to support.

-Greg

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Gotcha, I will definitely check our logs to see if that's what is happening.

Thanks for your help!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are welcome