Re: Last synced timestamp

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last synced timestamp

Is there a way to easily track the last time a lead was synced or updated from SFDC?

We run into some backlog issues and there are times when I'm seeing a lead owner was changed in Salesforce but then days later in Marketo that change is still not showing. It's to the point that I'm being asked almost daily to investigate why a lead isn't receiving certain automated emails.

It would be great if I could create a trigger that writes the {{system.dateTime}} of the last sync of each lead to a custom field.

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can, but only from the marketo side when you force a sync.

You could try adding a Was Synced Flag that gets modified every time another value is changed. That's probably a bad idea for system speed though.

If you have access to SFDC, you can look at sysmodtime stamp or something to see when a field was last updated.

The real question is why are you having a backlog? What's your lead volume and database size? If it is large and you are an Enterprise customer, you can request additional sync threads to help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh.

The backlog is a known issue that we've worked with Marketo on a few times. We have an unfavorable setup in SFDC with intentional duplicates and other things that tend to slow things down with the volumes that we have.