SOLVED

Re: Landing Pages returning 500 - Error

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing Pages returning 500 - Error

We are attempting to go live on Marketo but our landing pages are returning a 500 Error. Marketo support has been very helpful and believe the problem is with our DNS set up. My web tech internally cannot locate the problem and believes the problem is on Marketo's end since the page isn't being served.  I'm two days late to market and I'm feeling the pressure to get this fixed. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Your DNS is totally screwed up. Delete the A record for offers.toyotatalk.ca. Leave the CNAME.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

Such problems cannot be researched unless you provide your Marketo Landing Page CNAME.

Anonymous
Not applicable
SanfordWhiteman

Your DNS is totally screwed up. Delete the A record for offers.toyotatalk.ca. Leave the CNAME.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks so much! I have advised my web tech of your advice and he has deleted the A records. I am waiting for it to propagate and will let you know if it works. I really appreciate your help! Thank you.

SanfordWhiteman

It's working already if you don't have the cached record.  Temporarily change your DNS server to 4.2.2.1 and you can the LPs working.

Also, if you are concerned about stragglers with the cached record, your web developer can set the web server that was doing the redirect to mktoweb.com -- that was the cause of the problem -- to redirect to something like offers2.toyotatalk.ca instead.  Then set up a CNAME for offers2.toyotatalk.com --> toyotadealersassociation.mktoweb.com. Finally, add offers2.toyotatalk.com as a Domain Alias in Marketo admin. Then anyone who still hits the old A record will get redirected to offers2.toyotatalk.com, which in turn will go to Marketo as a known alias for your pages.  The "offers2" will stay in their browser's location bar (it has to) but the page will work as expected.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're the best! Thank you sooo very much!

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Not related to the original issue, but on this page: http://offers.toyotatalk.ca/contactdealer.html your link to find the Toyota dealership nearest has a typo. It points to http://www.getyouroytota.ca/bc-english/contact-us but it should probably be http://www.getyourtoyota.ca/bc-english/contact-us

2 days late going to market isn't going to impact your end users as much as a poor experience will. I'd definitely suggest giving everything a once-over!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory - we've corrected the mistake in the url.