Landing pages for a referral scheme

Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing pages for a referral scheme

Hi

I am setting up a (double-ended) referral scheme for our B2B clients, it works like this:

Any of our clients can get a reward each time someone signs up on a landing page that she/he has promoted to his friends/colleagues.

So, I am looking for advice on how to:

1. Setup a landing page URL that can be unique to each of our customers e.g. example.com/landing_page?marketo_id_of_the_referer=2345

2. Ensure that each sign up is tracked against who referred them

3. Identify how I can easily report to each referrer how many signups they have had and credits earned, perhaps in a weekly email.

I would really appreciate advice on how to setup 1 and 2.

Lee

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Landing pages for a referral scheme

Hello Lee,

Initially it looks like you are looking for something similar to this functionality - https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+a+Referral+Offer

It is an extra engagement so not sure if that will work, but it may give you some of the features you are after.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's only for social plug ins and is an extra cost.

If you look up referral and partner issues here in the forums you may find some ideas.

You could potentially use the url parameters, programs, and static lists to track this:

1. URL has something like referrer=X
  2. form listens for Partner_Referrer and fills in info (you'll need a field)
  3. trigger campaign in the program listens for Referrer Changes to XYZ
  4. Flow says "if referrer=X, then Add to List X"
  5. Program Says Success=Fills Out Form so you get a total

I suppose you could have separate programs for each referrer, but that can get messy if you have lots or they change. The only advantage is more historical tracking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh. That approach makes sense and is more or less where I'm heading.

Only thing is I need to pass the marketo lead id into the URL that each referrer sends out so I can link sign-ups back to them but for some reason I can not see the ID listed as an option in the tokens I can insert in the email I send to potiential referrers.

Any ideas?

Lee

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Marketo Champion Courtney Grimes wrote a couple of excellent and detailed posts on how to use UTMs. You can find them here Get on the Right "Track" with UTM Tagging  and here The Ultimate Google Analytics and Marketo Integration Guide. Those should help with point 1.