SOLVED

Landing Pages Banner Sizes

Go to solution
MARDEA
Level 1

Landing Pages Banner Sizes

Hi, does anyone know if there's a specific size for hero images for Landing Pages in Marketo? 

I know it depends of the module on the template, but do you have any suggestions for this? I've tried different sizes and some work, some don't.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Re: Landing Pages Banner Sizes

Could you share a link to view the page you're working with here? 

Alot of this really depends on how the module is setup -- is the image a background image, how is it positioned, is there a fixed height, etc.

Typically to answer this question in a really vague way, I'll consult the worldwide screen resolution stats as a reference: https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/desktop/worldwide

This can provide an objective resource as a starting point to show you the most common display widths in general for desktop, tablet, mobile, etc. This'll help you to understand how to plan for a range of display sizes other than just what you're seeing on your specific setup. Here's a look at the desktop stats as they currently stand:

Dave_Roberts_0-1708096554849.png

The range here is roughly 1280px (wide) to 1920px (wide - most popular) with a small percentage of people using 2560px displays. 

Rough Answer:

Regardless of the popularity of each of the sizes, it would make sense for a banner image that goes edge-to-edge on the page to be at least 1920px wide and up to 2560px wide for high-res displays if you wanted to account for everything. The height of the banner image is generally unimportant, but it can depend on how the banner is coded (background vs. foreground image and how it's positioned) to account for an ideal height. 

Other considerations for tablet and mobile might be important, but again, this depends on how the banner is setup on the page. If you could share a link to your page, I'd be happy to have a look and try to give you some more detailed feedback for mobile, tablet and desktop sizing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@MARDEA,

Your question as it stands is unanswerable.

It all depends on the design of the LP.  That can vary vastly. 

And you have to consider responsive design as well.

Cheers

Jo

MARDEA
Level 1

Thanks! I imagined this.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@MARDEA if one (or more) of the above replies worked for you, please click Mark as Correct for future learners.

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Could you share a link to view the page you're working with here? 

Alot of this really depends on how the module is setup -- is the image a background image, how is it positioned, is there a fixed height, etc.

Typically to answer this question in a really vague way, I'll consult the worldwide screen resolution stats as a reference: https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/desktop/worldwide

This can provide an objective resource as a starting point to show you the most common display widths in general for desktop, tablet, mobile, etc. This'll help you to understand how to plan for a range of display sizes other than just what you're seeing on your specific setup. Here's a look at the desktop stats as they currently stand:

Dave_Roberts_0-1708096554849.png

The range here is roughly 1280px (wide) to 1920px (wide - most popular) with a small percentage of people using 2560px displays. 

Rough Answer:

Regardless of the popularity of each of the sizes, it would make sense for a banner image that goes edge-to-edge on the page to be at least 1920px wide and up to 2560px wide for high-res displays if you wanted to account for everything. The height of the banner image is generally unimportant, but it can depend on how the banner is coded (background vs. foreground image and how it's positioned) to account for an ideal height. 

Other considerations for tablet and mobile might be important, but again, this depends on how the banner is setup on the page. If you could share a link to your page, I'd be happy to have a look and try to give you some more detailed feedback for mobile, tablet and desktop sizing.