Re: Landing page with dynamic content

Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing page with dynamic content

Hi,

I am very new to Marketo so I apologize if my question seems dumb or totally off track.

Here is what I want to achieve: We have a simple email with landing page going out. The landing page is actually for my customers to send to everyone else in their company. What we want is everyone else in the company to fill in the form on the landing page which will take them to a thank you page with a how to video. On this thank you page we want to use tokens to pull in a unique sign up link associated with the company. This link is recorded in Salesforce on an account level. Does this make sense and is it possible??

My main concern, is if we figure out how to do this, what someone in the company fills in the form and spells the company name differently or something like that.

Another option would be to have a drop down of companies that they can choose from on the landing page. This would help with the issue, but the drop down would have to be dynamic.. using a smartlist to determine which companies should be included based on if they had purchased a particular product or not (all info we can pull from SF).

I am not sure if I am trying to do something that is not possible but any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated!!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you reviewed this help article on using dynamic content on landing page? 

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz0hCAC#make-element-dynamic
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as they use the email address you have stored in SFDC, your plan should work fine. If they're getting the landing page from an email that you're sending out, that email will pre-fill in the form (if I remember correctly). If they've already filled out any Marketo form and the form on this particular landing pages has pre-filling enabled, I don't think you'd run into any issues.

The person in SFDC should be tied to an account, so as long as you don't have duplicates of that person in Marketo & SFDC, once they fill out your form, the post-form submit landing page token idea should work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info everyone. The concern I have is that someone that is not currently in SF or Marketo gets the landing page to fill in the form. In this case it might not know what company they are with?

Thanks for the link on dynamic content, I reviewed it and since I am so new to Marketo its pretty vague and hard for me to figure out how to apply it. Hopefully soon I will be more proficient.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that's your concern, when you add the token to the landing page, you can use a Default Value for if they're not already in Salesforce. So you may want a generic sign up link for those that aren't already in SFDC.