Re: Landing page preview does not match template

Dennis_Creagh
Level 2

Landing page preview does not match template

I created a custom landing page template and when I preview it, it looks as I want it to.  I then used it in a program as the template for the landing page.  When I'm in the editor, it looks correct. When I preview the approved page, it displays in one long column. 

I am referring to a custom stylesheet in my template code but when I view page source on the approved page I find no reference to it.

I know I'm missing something.  Please advise.

Dennis

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I am referring to a custom stylesheet in my template code but when I view page source on the approved page I find no reference to it.

That definitely points to an unapproved template or LP – or possibly a corrupt template or LP.

One absolute, I-don’t-know-how-anyone-lives-without-it best practice is to version your templates.

In all of our templates, there’s are data- attributes on the <html> element for version control.

<html data-template-name=”season-tickets-signup” data-template-version=”1.01Build1004">‍‍

Then you can bump the build version, approve tmpl + page, and instantly see if approved changes are cascading properly..

Dennis_Creagh
Level 2

Thank you for the tip.  It was a result of the SSL certificates not being enabled. I contacted support to enabled, waited, and it seemed to clear up.

And I added the versioning string to my templates, and it has helped already.

Thanks again.