SOLVED

Re: Landing page language settings

Go to solution
geordni
Level 2

Landing page language settings

Hello, trying to optimise our landing pages and got the following request: update the landing page language settings to e.g. German or French. Where do I do that?

Additionally, there are some unnecessary code-blocks on our pages, which we should delete - where do I find those?

Thanks!

Daniela

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Well I am assuming that this is for the SEO purposes, if so, you can add the landing page language in the page meta tags of your Marketo Landing page (which may not be of great use though!). 

At the LP level, you can remove the respective content blocks/modules from the landing page - if you want to remove the ability to use respective module/block all together you might need to update your LP template - which I would suggest should be done by a web dev - please be aware of the fact that making the template level updates will affect all the LPs using the respective LP template.

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1

Also, FYR: quoting from advanced SEO page of google

"Google uses the visible content of your page to determine its language. We don't use any code-level language information such as lang attributes, or the URL."

From above it is pretty obvious that adding language explicitly may not have great SEO results, but would love to hear what the other folks think about this in the community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Well I am assuming that this is for the SEO purposes, if so, you can add the landing page language in the page meta tags of your Marketo Landing page (which may not be of great use though!). 

At the LP level, you can remove the respective content blocks/modules from the landing page - if you want to remove the ability to use respective module/block all together you might need to update your LP template - which I would suggest should be done by a web dev - please be aware of the fact that making the template level updates will affect all the LPs using the respective LP template.

geordni
Level 2

Thank you, appreciate the response! Followup regarding the language settings - where in the page meta tags would you add the corresponding language?

Darshil_Shah1

Also, FYR: quoting from advanced SEO page of google

"Google uses the visible content of your page to determine its language. We don't use any code-level language information such as lang attributes, or the URL."

From above it is pretty obvious that adding language explicitly may not have great SEO results, but would love to hear what the other folks think about this in the community.