Landing Page Editor Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Landing Page Editor Problems

The guides are an upgrade.  Im sorry you aren't liking them.  They are draggable to position where you want and then you can drag text, images and other objects to line up properly.  They even "snap" to the line to make it easier.

This is exactly how Photoshop and other tools do guidelines as well.

The problem with the grid was that you couldn't snap to them and the grid often put lines where they shouldnt be placed.

Give them a chance.  Hopefully, they will grow on you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your replies! Glad I'm not alone here.

Glen - it would be nice if there was a way to set the guides consistently between editing sessions. I spent a lot of time aligning objects to the guide, closed the window, and when I reopened the guide had reset itself, which made it hard to replace the guide and align another object to the same line.

Either saving the position of the guide, allowing multiple guides, or including some sort of ruler on the x and y axis of the editor would help with consistency.

Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, it's supposed to be sticky.  Ill follow up. 

Otherwise, good suggestions.  It might be worth translating those into a LP Guide Enhancement idea.  We take those ideas very seriously.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Doug. Unless I am missing something (which is totally possible) I've only been able to get one horizontal guide and no verticle guides. This makes creating the spacing vertically and horizontally between two objects next to impossible.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

The vertical guide is stuck to the left side of my window and I cannot reposition it without resizing my window. I've tried in Chrome and Firefox to no avail. Support did not offer any solution. Anyone else having the same problem?
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The guides are completely unusable for me.  When I turn them on, I cannot select/release them from the top or the left.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per Glen's advice, I posted an idea for enhancements. Please check it out and like it:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000K4dJAAS