Trigger a campaign from a cancelled webinar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger a campaign from a cancelled webinar

Hi,

I have my webinars integrated with GoToWebinar and noticed that even though a webinar was cancelled by the host, Marketo still sent out the reminders. Is there a way to trigger a campaign to send out an email to all recipients if the webinar is cancelled.

Thanks,
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Trigger a campaign from a cancelled webinar

Hey Mark, Marketo still sending the reminders is going to boil down to how you have your campaign set up. If it's a series of wait steps and then reminder emails being sent, then you'd need to run a smart campaign to remove everyone from that flow if the webinar is cancelled. Then you'd also need to schedule a different email to go out that would inform people that your webinar was cancelled. 

I don't think that there's any way to do this via automation; I'm not sure Marketo "sees" if a webinar has been cancelled without the webinar details being refreshed manually. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Trigger a campaign from a cancelled webinar

Dory is correct.

Best to turn off Reminders in GTW as well. If the webinar is cancelled, then turn off the confirmation flow, pages, and do the remove from flow action, and turn off the reminder batch campaign (if that's what you had). Then you should tell people it was cancelled.