SOLVED

Landing page access after approval

Go to solution
Robert_Mullown2
Level 2

Landing page access after approval

We are hoping to create a landing page where access to our GoToWebinar recordings are archived.  To limit access to the page, we want to only allow those who have been vetted and approved to get there.  Similar to the approval process in GTW I would think.  Is this possible in Marketo and if so, how?

Here is the flow were attempting.

1. Attend webinar

2. Webinar is converted and hosted on YouTube

3. Embed link is given to me and added to the Marketo Hosted landing page

4. User fills out Marketo form to access the landing page

5. User goes to page letting them know they will be approved within the next 24 hours

6. Approval/denial given

7. Email sent to that user with link to archive page, or letting them know they were not approved

Thank you!

/R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Landing page access after approval

Sounds like your specific question is "How do I restrict access to a landing page?" sort of regardless of how you get to that point.

While there are a few approaches, the simplest is to use a real-world "unguessable" URL for the LP, for example http://pages.example.com/dcac9aba-88e4-4556-95c2-8c1da0cba3ce.html, and use meta tags to ensure the page doesn't get crawled.

Triggering an email to send people the link can be as simple as checking for Data Value Changed on your approval/denial field.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Landing page access after approval

Sounds like your specific question is "How do I restrict access to a landing page?" sort of regardless of how you get to that point.

While there are a few approaches, the simplest is to use a real-world "unguessable" URL for the LP, for example http://pages.example.com/dcac9aba-88e4-4556-95c2-8c1da0cba3ce.html, and use meta tags to ensure the page doesn't get crawled.

Triggering an email to send people the link can be as simple as checking for Data Value Changed on your approval/denial field.