SOLVED

KV HTML for email form field

Go to solution
jenlively
Level 3

KV HTML for email form field

I have a form that collects an email address for our newsletter. Can I use KV HTML to fill the field but not submit the form?

If so how would I do that?

I want to do something similar with our contact us form as well by prefilling all the fields we know and leaving blank those that we don't.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: KV HTML for email form field

KV HTML doesn't fill fields. It allows you to show just a button, though, if the session's already associated with a lead. So that's equivalent to having a hidden Email Address field.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

KV HTML doesn't fill fields. It allows you to show just a button, though, if the session's already associated with a lead. So that's equivalent to having a hidden Email Address field.
jenlively
Level 3

Hi @SanfordWhiteman thanks for the response....

is there something I can use to fill the field if we already know them? I would rather show the filled in field with the button. I think I have seen this done before....thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

Sounds like you're talking about Pre-Fill. Is this an embedded form, or is it on a Marketo LP?
jenlively
Level 3

Hi @SanfordWhiteman its an embedded form

SanfordWhiteman

To show the Email Address (not just First Name/Last Name) in KV HTML would require my custom Pre-Fill JS.

jenlively
Level 3

SanfordWhiteman

No, I mean this: https://blog.teknkl.com/pre-fill-any-site-any-form/

(The code in that other post is dramatically vulnerable to DOS attacks, and of course also requires your own custom service. My code doesn’t have these problems.)