Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kiosk form?

my mistake....hmmm, I am stumped here.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, all I need is a way to remove the ability to tracking cookie. I'm a former Pardot user and w/ Pardot they had what they called a "Kiosk" form where it would remove the tracking cookie.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could have the reps use "Start Private Browsing" (Firefox), "InPrivate" (IE), "New Incognito Window" (Chrome), etc. before they navigate to your form.  Those will not create a cookie and would eliminate the need for them to not divert to other pages during their session and to not clear their cache afterwards. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The instructions to disable the form tracking do work.

I agree with Elliott that using a separate browser with private on would also help avoid inadvertent tracking.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone point me to the instructions to disable form tracking?
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

remove the following line from your page template to NOT load the munchkin code: 
<?php echo $mContext['endElements']; ?>

For those who want to know the details: 
- the munchkin code will place a cookie on the visitor's web browser with a unique identifier (if that cookie does not yet exist)
- the munchkin code will put the cookie id into the hidden form field _mkt_trk (you cannot see this with 'view source', you'll need to use Firebug)
- during the form submit, the Cookie ID will be associated with the new email address

This process will still happen when you disable prefilling via the Landing Page's "Edit Form Settings" option. It will simply not pre-fill, but it will still pass on the cookie ID to the most recently registered email address. 

Hope that clarifies. 
Jep

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Jep got it right but have you considered manually entering a lead into the database? The form is simple and as far as I know, no munchkin cookie is associated with your reps machine.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use Jep's solution, be sure your reps delete the cookie that Marketo will have created after entering their last lead; otherwise, all of your rep's activity will be erroneously recorded in the Activity Log of the last lead they entered.
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

@Elliott: not correct, the entire purpose of ripping out the Munchkin code is that the cookie will NOT be associated with the leads entered through that form. 

Best, 
Jep
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm..I thought that the purpose of removing the munchkin tracking code, would remove the cookie. What is the purpose of removing the munchkin tracking code if it still cookies them?