SOLVED

Re: Kiosk form?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kiosk form?

Is there a way to create a kiosk form in Marketo?

I want to create a form where the form fillout does not result in a cookie or trackable link.

For example, I want to create an internal form for our Sales Reps to use when someone responds to a particular email. They can fill out the form with the prospects email address and automatically have them dropped into a campaign. Normally I would do something like this in Salesforce, but these are for leads that we aren't pushing into Salesforce until they get to a certain point.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

remove the following line from your page template to NOT load the munchkin code: 
<?php echo $mContext['endElements']; ?>

For those who want to know the details: 
- the munchkin code will place a cookie on the visitor's web browser with a unique identifier (if that cookie does not yet exist)
- the munchkin code will put the cookie id into the hidden form field _mkt_trk (you cannot see this with 'view source', you'll need to use Firebug)
- during the form submit, the Cookie ID will be associated with the new email address

This process will still happen when you disable prefilling via the Landing Page's "Edit Form Settings" option. It will simply not pre-fill, but it will still pass on the cookie ID to the most recently registered email address. 

Hope that clarifies. 
Jep

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did this for a client so their reps could input trade show leads.

1. create a blank or basic page
2. create the form with the fields you want them to do.
3. use these instructions to disable pre-fill https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L3Ia
4. finalize page with form and Approve.

You may also want to set the Meta Tag to No Index, NoFollow so Google doesn't show this to the world.
Anonymous
Not applicable

But wouldn't this still track them as that user if they went to other pages on the site?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still track them, you mean the sales person?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still track that email address as if it was the actual lead, not the sales rep entering their email address.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alison,

I have set up a similar form and found the no tracking instructions kind of confusing.

So to simplify it, I simply told the reps to enter leads in one sitting, without cruising web pages, etc. That will prevent any of the reps' activities from being associated with the lead they are entering. 

After they're done, they clear their cache to remove any cookies on their computer that are associated with the leads they've just entered. 

The pre-fill stuff doesn't really matter if it's an internal person filling out the form and not the lead (in a true kiosk manner), as long as they don't save information for a previously entered lead to a new one. 

Hope that makes sense. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. And if anyone out there sees a glaring error with my logic, please tell me!!! 

Good luck 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can set up the form so that where it says email - change it to lead's email so the rep knows to enter the lead's email address and not their own.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rep would know to enter the lead's email, I just don't want the form to track them once the form is submitted (since this would trigger scoring, etc.)
Anonymous
Not applicable

are you using salesforce? You might be able to solve this by simply adding the prospect to a campaign within the sales insight feature.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, I would normally do this in Salesforce, but these are for leads that we aren't pushing into Salesforce until they get to a certain point.