Re: Keep a cap on behavior score's components

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep a cap on behavior score's components

I wonder if anyone has experience implementing a cap on a component of behavior score if behavior score is a single field in Marketo.

For example, we want to give a maximum of 20 for interactions on our website, and a maximum of 20 for interactions with us at physical events, maximum of 20 points for interactions with us via emails. But we also want to give more points for more valuable interactions. For example, visit our website = +5pts, download an asset on the website is +10pts but maximum is 20pts for all website-related interactions for a period of time e.g. 3 months.

If yes, how did you implement that?

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'm having a little trouble following you.

You want to cap the behavior score at 20 points TOTAL?

Option 1: So no matter how many times I visit your website at +5, I can never get credit for 4 visits = 20 pts? And if I have 20 points already, then I can never get point credit for Attended Event?

Option 2: or did you mean 20 point total for web visits + 20 points for events = 40 points?

Either way...

In the past there were some great threads on how to do this. Essentially you want all of your behavior triggers to say:

Behavior Score < 20

then in the Flow

each choice should check if the Behavior Score < 20 - X where X is the points you plan to provide for this behavior. If the score is say, 19, then the Behavior Score = 20 instead.

If Behavior <16, then +4

otherwise set Behavior Score = 20

You may have to add a new score field for Event Score because it will be complex to do this in Option 2 properly.

3 Month Issue

• you may have to degrade the behavior score for inactivity every 90 days
  • you may want to clear the Behavior Score and lower the Lead Score every 90 days
  • Do not constrain your other scoring flows to look at it every 90 days or it will break.
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

I agree with Josh. I think the key is creating the new score fields for Event. I am not sure if you have webinars and also want to include email in the web activity or keep it separate also. Lets say you will 3 components to your behavior score which will consist of Event, Email and Web. I think you have to create 3 new scores for each and for the campaigns your logic should be similiar to below

Smart List:

Visits Webpage contains <keyword>

Flow:

Change Score: If Website Behavior Score < 20 | Score Name: Website Behavior Score | Change: +5

Change Score: If Website Behavior Score < 20 | Score Name: Behavior Score | Change: +5

Change Score: If Website Behavior Score < 20 | Score Name: Lead Score | Change: +5

Smart List:

Clicks Link In Email not containing unsubscribe

Flow:

Change Score: If Email Behavior Score < 20 | Score Name: Email Behavior Score | Change: +5

Change Score: If Email Behavior Score < 20 | Score Name: Behavior Score | Change: +5

Change Score: If Email Behavior Score < 20 | Score Name: Lead Score | Change: +5

Smart List:

Member of List: Attended XYZ Event

Flow:

Change Score: If Event Behavior Score < 20 | Score Name: Event Behavior Score | Change: +5

Change Score: If Event Behavior Score < 20 | Score Name: Behavior Score | Change: +5

Change Score: If Event Behavior Score < 20 | Score Name: Lead Score | Change: +5