Re: Issues with two step form lead alerts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues with two step form lead alerts

Trying to setup a lead alert on a two step form based on values from the first step. Sanford Whiteman​ maybe you have some thoughts on this?

My lead alert is defaulting to the last step even though I'm seeing the values in Marketo = what my add choice if then statement asks for. Also, I've added in a wait step of a few minutes to give Marketo a chance to read the data from the first form.

The send a lead alert is a fills out form trigger based off of the second form.

Now, I've done this before in just a 1 step form. VERY curious to why this drops off on the second form.

Any thoughts community?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you post a screenshot of the smart list?

P.S. I'm not a big fan of the "should be long enough" use of wait steps. I recommend triggering on data value changes, not estimated time elapsed for background processes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely rebuilt the all the pages and programs from the ground up. Looks like it was a glitch in my workflow that I just couldn't locate.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tim,

Instead of a 2 step form, you may want to use visibility rules to display fields and change their labels in the first form.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response, certainly a solution, but we were looking to track drop offs in the process as it's not more of an application than a generic form.