SOLVED

Issues with Emojis in Marketo Emails

Go to solution
kenmckown
Level 2

Issues with Emojis in Marketo Emails

We have used emojis in the body of emails before, but today I am trying to add them and it is deleting them upon saving and sending. I am putting the code into the email like this:

🚗 and it shows in the preview, then when I send or save it disappears.

Also if I add it to the beginning of a string of text, Marketo deletes the block. Is this a bug?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Issues with Emojis in Marketo Emails

For adding emojis in the email body, you should add them via the email script token i.e., add the emoji’s decimal code (different than the Q-encoded string that you'd use for adding emojis in the subject line), then add this token in the email body. Here's the list of transport emojis with their respective Dec codes for your reference. Hope you find this helpful. For adding emojis in the email subject line, you'd need to add the q-encoded emoji string in the subject line. Read this well-traveled blog post from Sandy on adding emojis in subject lines.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

For adding emojis in the email body, you should add them via the email script token i.e., add the emoji’s decimal code (different than the Q-encoded string that you'd use for adding emojis in the subject line), then add this token in the email body. Here's the list of transport emojis with their respective Dec codes for your reference. Hope you find this helpful. For adding emojis in the email subject line, you'd need to add the q-encoded emoji string in the subject line. Read this well-traveled blog post from Sandy on adding emojis in subject lines.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator