Re: Issues with emails rendering correctly?

Amy_Pickerill
Level 1

Issues with emails rendering correctly?

We are experiencing a problem with how our emails are rendering in Outlook. The kicker is that we are not experiencing this issue in our test environment.  It only occurs once we make the email available in Sales Insight. The issue we are having is that it appears as if the desktop and mobile version of the creative are overlapping when viewed in Outlook. There are a two unique components to our emails that may be causing this issue, but we have yet to nail it down. 1) We are using bulletproof imaging and 2) We have a unique creative version for desktop viewing an another for mobile viewing.  Any thoughts on how this may be resolved?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without knowing the details of how the email is supposed to look, how it is rendering incorrectly, and how you've coded it, it's hard to say what the issue is.

However, I can say that I've personally had a ton of struggles getting Marketo emails to render the way I want them to in Outlook. Email clients all render html emails differently, and unfortunately Outlook is notorious for rendering emails quite poorly. The other frustrating thing is that when you preview the email in Marketo, it renders it differently from how Outlook does, so it doesn't help very much to look at how the email looks in Marketo.

If you give more details about the html in the email, etc, people might be able to be of more help, but for what it's worth, you're not alone in your frustration with this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

Same here... without knowing how its supposed to look and without looking at the HTML, hard to say.

I have several web developers on my team that can troubleshoot anyone's HTML. We're a creative agency with extensive experience developing mobile-friendly and responsive emails in Marketo. Let me know if you'd like our help.

Thanks!