Issue with setting up merge logic

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with setting up merge logic

Hi all,

I know there are other threads relating to merging text fields, but I have set up a campaign that I believe works, but isn't working . This is my smart campaign logic:

smart campaign.PNG

Whenever a text field called "Comments Temp" is changed, then merge whatever is in that "Comments Temp" field with what is in the "Person Notes" field.

I ran another smart campaign to change the value in the "Comments Temp", into "abcdefg". The Comments Temp value has changed, but is NOT activating the smart campaign above and starting the merge logic in the flow step. I also did the same thing with a list import to change the Comments Temp value.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Issue with setting up merge logic

Is the campaign set to Run Once or Every time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just switched it to every time, the data value for the Comments Temp field is changing, but the smart campaign above is not recognizing that I changed that data value

merge logic.PNG

Any other clues? Thanks.

Josh_Hill13

check now. The log doesn't always update quickly....sometimes 10 minutes later.

Btw, a new lead from Form Fill or Import does not create a DVC event, however, an API lead does.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm is there any logic that could capture a value changes other than a Data Value Change trigger?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You want a ​Data Value Changes ​trigger -- like you've got -- and you can see in the Activity Log that the triggering activity is taking place.

Is your trigger SC active? Can you capture ​DVC ​on another field? This is very strange if so.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

a new lead from Form Fill or Import does not create a DVC event, however, an API lead does.

Eh, I don't think so, not with a Push Lead at least....

Anonymous
Not applicable

So in summary, just so I understand, data value changes for a text area field in a smart campaign can only be triggered via API, not by an actual change to the text value or change from a list import?

Dan_Stevens_

Are you testing an existing lead record or is this a new lead?  DVC triggers do not affect leads that are not yet in Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an existing lead in SFDC, that is also synced to Marketo. What does DVC mean?

merge logic.PNG

Changing the data value of the Comments Temp field is still not triggering my smart campaign. Any other clues? Thanks.