Re: issue with images for small devices

Dagmar_Betz
Level 2

issue with images for small devices

hi,

there is a problem with images since few days or few weeks.

images used in mailings will be resized not proportional for small devices. thus, the logo is distorted.

this problem did not exist a few weeks ago. maybe there was an update in marketo which effects this different output?

is there anybody who has the same problem? or somebody who know how to avoid that?

regards,

dagmar

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dagmar,

One of the following is likely:

• someone has made some changes to you template,
  • Someone is using another template that has some errors on it,
  • Someone edited the HTML code of the email
  • Someone is simply not using the recommended image size in another section of the email, which changes the general behavior of the email on a small width device.

Try creating an email from scratch and see whether this works or not.

-Greg

Dagmar_Betz
Level 2

hi gregoire,

thanks for your feedback.

none of the points is the solution here. I thought about changes in marketo, maybe responsive improvements in a marketo sprint which requires a change in the template...

regards,

dagmar

Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Not sure if it's helpful or related to the same issue, but I've also noticed some weird sizing issues in the last couple weeks with some of our templates. What ended up fixing the issue for me was defining the height AND the width values for each image.

In a lot of instances, we were only defining one of the dimensions. Not really sure why that fixed the sizing issues in the final email, but it did. Hope that helps!

If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.
Dagmar_Betz
Level 2

ok, thanks you both.

regards,

dagmar

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Wondering if recent OS updates (I've updated both my Android and iOS devices in the past two weeks) have had any impact...?