Issue copying/pasting unformatted text into email editor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue copying/pasting unformatted text into email editor

Hi there, noob here!

I use Plain Clip (a Mac app) to copy/paste unformatted text. When copying unformatted text into Market's email editor, each paragraph of text shows up as one line, i.e. there is no margin.

See below - the blue is supposed to the width of the email, but the pasted unformatted text in both the editor and the preview show that the text is ignoring the margins of the template.

Help!

0EM50000000SIHi.jpg

0EM50000000SIHd.jpg
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Issue copying/pasting unformatted text into email editor

The html side of the editor has issues sometimes. When you use a perfect text editor, there isn't a wrap function and Marketo's editor doesn't know there is supposed to be a wrap.

I suggest using TextEdit or Word, or trying to copy into the Text Side first, then copy that over to the HTML side.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Looks like your email is not set with a defined px width and more likey has a % width. Which means that the content will determin the width and stretch out.

Ask your designers to lock that down and templatize your emails so that the structure of your emails will not break when adding content.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest TextEdit as well. I am Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Mavericks user. 

It is likely Plain Clip is pasting tags along the text itself. Clicking the HTML button in the editor would reveal those tags.

Plain Clip is perfectly viable if you set the preferences, namely "Remove invisible control characters"

0EM50000000SILR.jpg