Re: Is this possible marketo forms can be submitted twice/thrice in the fraction of seconds?

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Is this possible marketo forms can be submitted twice/thrice in the fraction of seconds?

Recently we started receiving duplicate leads in marketo. Every details is same but we have 2-3 leads with same email address and other details. How we can prevent this happening?

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is this possible marketo forms can be submitted twice/thrice in the fraction of seconds?

How depends on why.

If you have malfunctioning custom JS on a webpage, that can cause multiple submissions in a row.

If someone is maliciously attacking your forms endpoint (not actually viewing the webpage but automatically posting forms) that's another matter that can be combated by adding reCAPTCHA.

What are the other characteristics of the leads? Do you believe them all to be false leads?

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

We have added some custom javascript code to generate unique id leads coming from a particular source. I can't call them false leads but they are just replica of that lead.

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, I'd assume your JS has a bug. You have to hunt that down.

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Thanks Sanford. I am working with my developer to resolve the issue.

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur