Re: is there any way to send k different emails to k different people under one campaign?

juliamunkhzul
Level 2

is there any way to send k different emails to k different people under one campaign?

Hi,

I would like to create an app that sends email to k people with k different email under one campaign. (campaign is only one, but everyone will receive different email - whole paragraph, text would be different - i have a k different HTML email). Also i don't want to use Marketo UI, whole process would be via API.

Is there any way to do it? i tried custom fields, custom objects but not finding any lucks. Any insightful tips are appreciated. Thank you 🙂

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: is there any way to send k different emails to k different people under one campaign?

If you only have API credentials and no access via UI, this is impossible.

Any such effort must  be done in conjunction with an operator who can log into the Marketo UI to perform a one-time configuration and supply REST API names, Campaign IDs, etc.

If you have such an operator, they can easily set up a framework you can use, whether it be using Textarea fields on the Person level or a Custom Object with Textarea fields. The latter is recommended as it’s easier to clean up.

Note we do not recommend creating 10,000 different Email assets for every send. This would make reporting near impossible, and you’d eventually cripple instance performance.

In general, though, this project is outside Marketo’s core competencies as a platform. Marketo expects you to use their robust Guided Email Templates, not supply all external HTML  at runtime.