SOLVED

Is there any useful landing page JS library

Go to solution
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Is there any useful landing page JS library

Hi all,

Is there somewhere a useful JS library that we could use to enhance landing pages ?

Thx for your answers,

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is there any useful landing page JS library

Ah! You must mean the "Forms 2.0 Cookbook" I keep saying I'm going to finish.

I can send you the link to my (public) CodePens... anything that starts with MktoForms2 :: is bound for the cookbook.  But the only documentation is in code comments.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

You mean a layout library (like one with tabs/containers/columns/etc.)?  Can you be more clear about the enhancements you're talking about?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is layout level things you need then I would suggest a Bootstrap or Foundation framework.  Note: it may actually be smarter / better to create your own landing pages / HTML outside of Marketo and embed the forms. 

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI all,

No, I was just talking about a library of useful JS/JQuery scripts that can be used to enhance LP features such as :

• How to capture a URL parameter and place it a cookie for further use ?
  • How to automatically uncheck unsubscribe field in a subscription center when some one checks another option

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman

For your first bullet, I rather detest jQuery, but the jQ.cookie extension would be useful.

For the second bullet, this suggests either basic JS within the Forms 2.0 API (my preference, to not add any more chaff to the page), or a more full-featured forms/dependency library.  The latter would suggest that you would be building forms independently and only submitting them using the Forms 2.0 API (silent form post).  If you went with the latter, which library becomes a matter of personal developer preference (much like your question about server frameworks).  I think DHTMLX is awesome, but there are zillions (well, tens) of others.  My advice, primarily, is choose one that is mature (active development for 3+ years, let's say).  It's so frustrating when someone debuts an awesome UI framework with a few widgets but then never finishes it (this is one reason I'm fine paying for a commercial library).

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sandford,

I was not thinking of a library in the sense coders call them. I was just talking of a place in this community where one could find a repository of useful scripts (mostly Forms 2.0, I concur). Such as the one you just posted here : Re: Blind Form Submissions for Website

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman

Ah! You must mean the "Forms 2.0 Cookbook" I keep saying I'm going to finish.

I can send you the link to my (public) CodePens... anything that starts with MktoForms2 :: is bound for the cookbook.  But the only documentation is in code comments.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

That's the one, Yes