SOLVED

Re: Is there any functionality in Marketo (apart from setting this up in the campaign) wherein Marketo reads the cookie and let a user straight through to the content as we've captured their details previously and ask the new leads to fill out the form. A

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is there any functionality in Marketo (apart from setting this up in the campaign) wherein Marketo reads the cookie and let a user straight through to the content as we've captured their details previously and ask the new leads to fill out the form. A

KV HTML isn't the same as Pre-Fill. You haven't described what you're trying to accomplish, but whatever it is, using the API in response to untrusted user activity is a no-no.

Jim_McLemore
Level 2

I'm trying to accomplish a few things here.  Not all is a single process.

1. When someone comes to any form on our website (external) or marketo landing pages, their information is prefilled and progressive profiling works.  This is pretty standard UX design is it not? 

2. Exploring KV HTML as a way to improve UX further by removing the form completely if the visitor is known.

I'm not sure what you mean but "untrusted user activity".  Isn't form prefill basic MA functionality that web visitors have come to expect? 

Sorry, I am a former Eloqua/Hubspot user and been in Marketo for 2 weeks, so still trying to get my bearings.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. on our website (external) or marketo landing pages, their information is prefilled and progressive profiling works. This is pretty standard UX design is it not?

Not necessarily, once you consider the security model used for default Pre-Fill.

There must be a mutual whitelisting of the external site and your Marketo instance, or you'd be allowing any site operator to get the personal data of anyone who has a record in your Marketo db.  This is why Pre-Fill does not work when you use the standard form embed, because cannot discriminate between external sites you control and external sites under malicious control.

The way to do secure (mutually opted-in) Pre-Fill on external sites is here: Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome.

I'm not sure what you mean but "untrusted user activity". Isn't form prefill basic MA functionality that web visitors have come to expect?

I'm talking about unauthenticated, unlimited anonymous pageviews being allowed to consume your API calls. This must never be done: if you do this, anyone can use your entire API limit up in about 1/2 hour.