Re: Is there a way to Update a SFDC Field called "Most Recent Campaign?"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to Update a SFDC Field called "Most Recent Campaign?"

We have created a Custom SFDC Field called  "Most Recent Campaign." Is there a way to create a system-wide Trigger Campaign in Marketo that would update any Leads or Contacts with the most recent Marketo Program Name? Currently, I can only do this on a per-campaign basis using the SFDC Campaign ID.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would be cool would be to update this via the sfdc campaign ID passed in a URL parameter to this hidden field on a form. Are you passing URL parameters into hidden fields currently?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on your requirements you may even be able to just hard-code the Sfdc campaign I'D in the hidden field. Much simpler... 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 31838,

I am interested on how you decided to populated Most Recent Campaign field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lana,

As described, you could add the campaign ID as a URL parameter on the link to your landing page, and have a hidden field in the form "grab" this value.

http://sub.domain.com/?campaignID=701XXXXXXXXXXXX

Feel free to send me an email if you have any more questions; you should still have it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

It's a pleasant surprise to see your face and reply pop up in this thread

I really like the thought of capturing the most recent campaign information.

Thanks for the advice.

Lana

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lana,

If it's a lookup field in SFDC, it is pretty tricky as it will require the SFDC ID of the campaign...

The hidden field capturing an URL parameter is a very good one... only if leads fill out forms as part of your campaign

The other solution is that you develop some logic (APEX trigger) in SFDC to populate that field each time a campaign member is created or set to "responded = true" (the equivalent in SFDC to program success in Marketo) in SFDC. Then from Marketo, then only thing you need to do is to use the "add to SFDC Campaign" flow step or synchronize your programs.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoire,

Hidden field capturing an URL parameter: I was really hoping it could be based off "clicks link" in emails and not just filled out form.

I like your second suggestion. This may be the route we take.

Thank you for providing your guidance.

Lana 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hidden field capturing an URL parameter: I was really hoping it could be based off "clicks link" in emails and not just filled out form.

Clicks Email can't automatically transport a single query param to a field on the lead record.

However, a Filled Out Form activity does not require that the lead actually see nor manually fill out the form.  A background form -- not the conversion form, but a separate form specifically designed for this purpose, with only one hidden field on it -- can automatically submit when they view the page.

It's also possible to use a Visit Web Page activity to do the same.