SOLVED

Is there a way to send a Lead ID on a webhook, so that a third party retrieves the lead info through Marketo's API?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to send a Lead ID on a webhook, so that a third party retrieves the lead info through Marketo's API?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is there a way to send a Lead ID on a webhook, so that a third party retrieves the lead info through Marketo's API?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to send a Lead ID on a webhook, so that a third party retrieves the lead info through Marketo's API?

Hi Paul,

In the web hook payload, you can use Token '{{lead.ID (L)}}'

pastedImage_0.png

Hope this helps

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, we'll check this out.

MassiniGroup
Level 1

According to your post, at one time adding the Lead ID to a webhook was an easy task.

Looking at the tokens available to me I see an {{campaign.Id}} and a {{company.id}}, but other objects do not have id tokens available.  I tried manually adding {{lead.ID (L)}} to my payload and it comes over empty every time.

Is there some way to add lead.id to the payload currently?

SanfordWhiteman

{{Lead.Id}}

SanfordWhiteman

Paul, I don't know what the end goal is here, but take extreme care in using the severely rate-limited REST/SOAP API via the relatively unlimited outbound Webhooks API.  You will (obviously) be capped at the lower limit.  REST/SOAP are engineered for bulk operation, and anything you can do to buikify, you should.  For example, exporting data in bulk via the REST and then querying a separate store via webhook will yield 300x more capacity.

What do you actually plan to do with the outbound singleton API calls?

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks for the info, We'll just paste the fields on the webhook, instead of trying to pull the fields through the REST API.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Paul,

On top of Sanford's point, what don't you just pass the lead infos through the webhook ? You do not really need to query the REST API to get the lead info.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, Greg - as noted to Sanford, we'll just paste the fields on the webhook, instead of trying to pull the fields through the REST API.