Re: Is there a way to prevent some display form values that serve as headings from becoming stored field values in a "select" field type?

Nicole_McQuade
Level 2

Is there a way to prevent some display form values that serve as headings from becoming stored field values in a "select" field type?

I have a similar but slightly different question that was addressed in this post How do I create "headings" for section of checkboxes without them becoming field values? .

"headings" were created to break up the values listed on a form for the select field type "Program of Interest". Is there a way to make it so the headings won't be be a valid selection to choose? The first line of text works this way automatically, in my case "Select an Area of Interest:*".  In the simple editor the first line has no stored value, in the advanced editor it disappears so I assume this is a built in function of the marketo form. When I remove the stored value for the headings and save, it automatically fills it back in with the display value.

I don't know if this further complicates things but I'm also using visibility rules. The "program of interest" is hidden until the "level of interest" is selected. 

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Is there a way to prevent some display form values that serve as headings from becoming stored field values in a "select" field type?

Nicole_McQuade
Level 2

Thank you for replying. This is exactly what I was looking for. Would I be able to add the JS to the custom css in the form settings or does it have to be added to the page where the form is embedded?  I was hoping to figure out how to make this work on my own, but I don't have much knowledge about coding. If it has to be added to the pages I can loop someone in from our web team to help. 

Thank you for your time!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You wouldn't use the CSS area, that wouldn't make sense, but if you need to you can use a Rich Text: https://nation.marketo.com/community/product_and_support/blog/2018/10/17/howto-add-forms-20-js-behav...