Is there a way to fully backup Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to fully backup Marketo?

Not just Leads, but the admin side configuration and structure such as all Programs, templates etc... simply backup everything for reload in case you somehow delete everything. I've seen answers such as backing up all Leads, or effectively writing it down. I am wondering if we can export a full backup of the system or if Marketo stores a full back up of our system. We are currently going through a company merger in which our Marketo instance will be replaced by a new instance. It would be nice to have a backup of the original structure for future reference or in case some things are not migrated over correctly.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is there a way to fully backup Marketo?

Marketo does not have a "recycle bin" like SFDC. I believe there is an Idea for that.

Right now all Marketo does is backup your instance. They may be able to help you restore an instance or a Program if it's a big problem.

What you can do instead is keep your old instance alive and connect it with the new instance so you can import Programs. All you have to do is ask Support to connect the two Admin users and Org Strings and you should be able to swap programs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since there is no way to backup configuration and campaigns, etc., what is the recommended way to do so manually? Screen shots? I am bringing new users into the system and would like to ensure things are documented in the event an inadvertent change is made in important settings. There is security of course but I like to always have a contingency.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any recent developments to this useful request?

Diederik_Marte4
Level 6

Hi,

Josh has some good tips here.

The big thing here is the Channel tag. Swaping programs means you'll have to have the proper channel tags. Which should be automatically create if I'm not mistaken. But that messes up the other instance, as they probably don't have the same progression steps and names etc.

it's just one example of where one instance could have things structured differently (partitions, workspaces, folder structures, and more). Unless you're trying to pull hundreds of engagement programs, I would welcome the entire merger as a great opportunity to start fresh 😉

Not the answer you're hoping for of course.

6x Marketo Champion | Marketo Certified Solutions Architect (MCSA) | Marketo User Group Leader | International Speaker on Marketing Technology