SOLVED

Is there a way to define "more than x days" in Date of Activity of a Smart List?

Go to solution
Rita_Gaspar
Level 1

Is there a way to define "more than x days" in Date of Activity of a Smart List?

Hello,

I work for a corporate bank and we are using Marketo to communicate with users of our digital banking platform.

I'm trying to set-up a campaign that would send an automatic email as soon as a user reaches 90 days without using one of the apps of our platform. However, none of the "Date of Activity" options allows me to do it. I don't want to define a specific date, I want to say "for more than 90 days".

Does anyone had the same problem? How did you solve it?

date of activity.PNG

Thank you,

Rita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Is there a way to define "more than x days" in Date of Activity of a Smart List?

Yes, this is a problem.

So I understand you want to send an email to someone whose last activity date is exactly 90 days in the past. Usually you would achieve that be a combination of date filters like

Date is "In past 91 days" AND

Date is "In past before 90 days"

See: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Smart+List+Filter+Operators+Glossary#SmartListFilterOpe...

Michael_Florin_2-1620314109926.png

Although clunky, that works for date fields. But it does not work for activity filters. I had an exchange with Marketo Support, and that's what they told me. "The filter is an activity filter and the "In Past Before" constraint is only for Date field filters."

So I think your workaround should account for that. Create a date field in Marketo "Last App Usage" and populate it daily based on your activity criteria. Then use that field to build your Smart List.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Is there a way to define "more than x days" in Date of Activity of a Smart List?

Yes, this is a problem.

So I understand you want to send an email to someone whose last activity date is exactly 90 days in the past. Usually you would achieve that be a combination of date filters like

Date is "In past 91 days" AND

Date is "In past before 90 days"

See: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Smart+List+Filter+Operators+Glossary#SmartListFilterOpe...

Michael_Florin_2-1620314109926.png

Although clunky, that works for date fields. But it does not work for activity filters. I had an exchange with Marketo Support, and that's what they told me. "The filter is an activity filter and the "In Past Before" constraint is only for Date field filters."

So I think your workaround should account for that. Create a date field in Marketo "Last App Usage" and populate it daily based on your activity criteria. Then use that field to build your Smart List.