Re: Is there a way to create a smart list to identify inactive leads i.e., not clicked any email in 90-days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to create a smart list to identify inactive leads i.e., not clicked any email in 90-days?

I am launching a 'Continue our email relationship or unsubscribe' campaign to leads that have not clicked any emails within 90-days. 

The first launch will cleanse all historical leads that have not clicked any email between Jan 1, 2001 and Jun 30, 2013. Thereafter, the email will automatically be sent to leads that have not clicked on any email in 90-days. 

I am having trouble building a smart list that captures the right audience.  

Example: 

(1 and 2) and (3 or 4)

1. 'Not opened email': 'Email: is any' 'Date of activity: Between: 01/01/2001 and 06/30/2013'

2. 'Country: is 'US, CA''

3. 'Unsubscribe: false'

4. Marketing suspended: false'

The issue is that this smart list includes leads that were inactive between '01/01/2001 and 06/30/2013' BUT clicked on emails AFTER 06/30/2013. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify this smart list, or has anyone created a successful 'Continue our email relationship or unsubscribe' campaign I could model mine after? 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to create a smart list to identify inactive leads i.e., not clicked any email in 90-days?

Mary:

We set up a five-cast nurture stream for a large number of contacts for which we had very little detail besides email address and/or had very little, if any, activity. Each cast attempted to get the prospect to take some action that would indicate activty and/or supply more information so we could route them to the other appropriate nurture streams. We tried driving them to our subscription center, offered a drawing, sent them a poll and ended with a top 10 reasons email with a CTA to request more information. If after the weeks were up and the contact did not take any action including opening the email, they were summarly deleted from the database. In the end, about one third of group we started with re-engaged and provided more information.

You might also take a look at your data in that a data field like Country might have multiple versions of US that affect your list (U.S., United States, USA, etc.). It sounds like you are in the right track though.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Mike, 

This nurture stream sounds like a great idea!

Please tell me, what criteria did you use to collect the leads with little-detail and/ or no activity?  

Best regards, 
Mary 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We used the same fields you did but also looked at key fields that might be empty. We had a ton of emails only with no company, phone, names, etc. We also looked at Not Was Delivered Email upfront to filter out those emails who weren't actually delivering. Our data is getting better every data, but it's not without considerable effort.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike,

"..not without considerable effort", I appreciate that comment. 

Thank you to all of you for this discussion - very helpful!
Lynn